Hair loss treatment for men in Lahore Clinic
When it comes to male pattern baldness, men usually look for different treatments and procedures which aim to correct the hair loss or hair thinning or baldness on their scalp. With new technologies and different procedures, men have many options today when it comes to choosing the ideal hair growth procedure for themselves.
Listed below are some procedures men can undergo if they want to re-grow their hair:
- Medicines: Medicines are often given to men to curtail, prevent and rectify hair loss and baldness. There are two medicines that help. The first is Finasteride and the second, Minoxidil. They both work by halting the alteration of testosterone (a hormone) into dihydrotestosterone (this hormone causes the hair follicles to shrink in size). The hair follicles are thus not affected by this hormone and can enlarge back to normal. Finasteride is a tablet where as Minoxidil is a lotion that needs to be rubbed on the scalp. The problem with medication is that it is not a permanent solution. In most cases, it will benefit the patient however, if a man is suffering from androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness), this cannot be corrected via the use of medicines.
- Hair Transplant Surgery: A Hair Transplant surgery is a procedure carried out under local anesthesia by a surgeon to correct severe cases of hair loss usually resulting in baldness. The surgery usually involves transferring hair from one place on the scalp to another to correct pattern baldness. Once transplanted, the hair grows out from the area like normal.
- PRP Treatment: A PRP treatment centers on blood obtained from the patient. The blood extracted is put into a centrifuge. The equipment then separates the plasma from the red blood cells. The plasma is rich in platelets and what platelets have been discovered to do is encourage the hair follicles to start growing hair again. The scalp is stimulated using a derma-roller (micro needle pen) after which the PRP is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors present in the platelets do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
- Stem Cell Procedure: stem cell hair re-growth is a procedure which turns stem cells into hair follicle cells which are then transplanted into areas of hair loss on the scalp or even the body. This makes it grow new hair without having to surrender hair follicle tissue from another part of the scalp.
- Laser Comb: A laser comb also known as a low-level laser device is a hair brush which helps the scalp skin heal and at the same time also induces new hair growth for people suffering from androgenetic alopecia and thinning hair problems
- Non-Surgical Hair replacement: This hair replacement is designed in such a way that it appears as if the hair is growing out naturally from your scalp. The system is made up of a breathable very thin (micro) artificial skin which us usually 0.03 mm. on this you will find human hair implanted. This piece is then bonded to the scalp area for 7 weeks
It is imperative to keep in mind that not all patients and their hair loss, hair thinning or baldness condition or problems are the same; therefore, it is vital to consult with a certified consultant if you are interested in treatment for hair growth that is ideal for you.